Virtual Reality (VR) has so much potential when it comes to communicating architecture and conveying the beauty of your designs in an immersive, jaw-dropping format.
In this video above, we show an easy, step-by-step method to create a VR walkthrough of a residential home design using SketchUp, Lumion and Sketchfab, a 3D model sharing website. With the addition of a VR headset, you can immerse yourself and others into the center of your design and heighten the feeling of space and dimension.
For a little more information, you can read the blog post about this tutorial here: https://lumion.com/blog/creating-vr-walkthroughs-of-architectural-design-pt-1-lumion-sketchfab.html
If you would like to jump to a specific part of this tutorial, you can click on the timestamps below:
– Upload your CAD model into Sketchfab (3:16)
– Make preliminary adjustments to your model in the Sketchfab 3D editor (3:50)
– Test the model in your VR headset (5:50)
– Add materials and furniture in SketchUp (6:52)
– Make a second round of adjustments (7:55)
– Improve the lighting for VR with lightmapping (8:05)
– Improve the 3D model for better detail and quality (10:30)
– Process the version of the house with materials and furniture (11:52)
– Change the background image with Lumion (13:08)
Order Lumion 10: https://lumion.com/buy.html
Try Lumion for 14 days for free: https://lumion.com/free-trial.html
Get involved with the Lumion community at https://community.lumion.com/index.php
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Lumionsoftware/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/lumion3d
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lumionofficial
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/act-3d-b.v.
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/lumionofficial/
see source on youtube click here